An "eclectic" apartment
Furnishing by combining different styles and objects
Apartment with a fully-mirrored and octagonalshaped entrance hall, from which branch out the rooms of the apartment. I added ancient furnishings, famous design pieces, and others designed by myself, mixing very different eras, from the early XIX empire candelabras to a 1950’s bookcase.
The entrance hall has octagonal shape with mirror walls to reflect other rooms and create illusionistic effects:
- My design of an Art Deco table inspired to the works by Ruhlmann;
- a Deco style silver vase designed by myself;
- ancient chinese prints
If in the first version the walls were covered with mirrors, in the second one I transformed it into a “Chinese gazebo” also to enhance the collection of ancient Chinese prints.
- Sofas designed by myself made with wood and red velvet, in deco style and inspired by Ruhlmann furniture;
- 835 Infinito Wall bookcase, by Franco Albini – 1958 – Cassina;
- Miconos chandeliers and applique by Artemide;
- Curved glass coffee table;
In the second version various changes were made:
- The wall behind the library is now unified with the dining room;
- The marble floor has been replaced with the fish-bone parquet;
- The wall of the chimney has a “folding fan” decoration that reminds to Deco;
- The wall is decorated with the cobblestones instead of the usual stone coverings;
- 815 Olimpino table, work by Ico Parisi – 1955 – Cassina;
- 614 Coonley 2 chairs, work by Frank Lloys Wright – 1907 – Cassina;
- Brass chandelier with rubber and led lights designed by myself;
- pedestals inspired by Wright’s chairs and designed by myself;
- bookcase designed by myself with bleached wooden , black profiles, brass elements, and smoked glass shelves;
Candelabras in golden and patinated bronze, in early XIX Empire style.